February 23, 2011

Sew Much Fun Challenge & save-the-date :)

I'm a little late in posting this week's challenge from The Paper Variety. I've been without internet service for a few days.. again! I gotta admit, it really does drive me crazy to not be able to log on when I want/need to, but.. it's also nice to have computer-free time and do other things that need attention, too. Bittersweet :)

This week at TPV, the challenge is sew much fun! :)


For my project, I created a layout of yours truly when I was a baby back in 1973!! Awww! :) Recently in Scrappin-n-Chattin, we held a Baby Layout contest which prompted me to make this layout, otherwise who knows when I would have done it. I'm really glad that I did, though- I've scrapped just one or two layouts of my own childhood days - it's nice to add another :)


I used Echo Park "Little Girl". I bought the collection mostly just for some cute cards - but then was delighted I could use it for this layout as I don't have many other "girl" supplies. There is little hand stitching, but it's just enough for me :) I made the fan flowers myself and also painted the JBS corrugated alphas to better match the green in the collection. I still need to add my journaling, though :)

We hope you join the TPV challenge this week!!
There is a fantastic prize if you're the randomly chosen winner...

Fantastic, isn't it!? And so fitting for this challenge lol.

Also!!

You'll definitely want to save this date... March 2nd !!

Photobucket

The Paper Variety is hosting our first Blog Hop! It's going to be so much fun, I can't wait!! We'll have a fun challenge, a fabulous returning sponsor, and so many great prizes as you hop along. Be sure to join us.. You won't want to miss this! Really!

I'll be back Friday with another layout.. hope you all are enjoying your week! :)

-Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment