May 29, 2010

24hr Challenge, Jackpot & Great Buy

One of the monthly challenges in Scrappin-n-Chattin is a 24 hour layout challenge. A sketch and paper collection are chosen for each participant, and they have 24 hours to complete the sketch. Then a winner is chosen at random.

This challenge began Friday night and ended tonight. Here is the sketch that I had to follow..I was assigned the American Crafts "Heat Wave" collection to create with. And this is my take..
It's my son 10 years ago when he was just 11 months. Ohh the memories.
A winner was chosen earlier... Congrats Barb!!

Also in Scrappin-n-Chattin, we hold a monthly jackpot. Participants enter with a $5 fee that goes into the "pot", then a winner is randomly picked. The winner wins the value of the jackpot in scrapbooking goodies! I won for May and received my yummies recently.
I was thrilled to be gifted "DeLovely", "Fly a Kite" and some liquid pearls. I've already created a card with DeLovely, but it's for the Party Time Tuesdays DT. I'll share it here in a few days. :)

I also found a great deal at Walmart tonight. They had alot of their Martha Stewart supplies on clearance and I picked up these 3 stamp sets for just $6 each! Woot! I'm really excited and can't wait to get scrappin' with them.No plans for this holiday weekend. Just hangin out with my little guy. Tuesday is his last day of school and then the summer fun will start! :)

Hope you all have a great holiday!!

1 comment:

  1. Abby I really like how your lo turned out. That picture is adorable and the papers go perfect with it. I love the Fly a Kite collection and can't wait to see what you do with it and your new stamps.

    ReplyDelete