April 10, 2012

Boys Rule projects :)

Today I'm sharing a few projects I made using the March and new April Boys Rule kits :) The projects were posted at the Boys Rule blog, but I forgot to post them here as well - bad Abby! lol Better late than never, I say :)

My first project is the current sketch challenge at Boys Rule.. it's a great sketch! You still have time to enter so I hope you'll play along with us!



This is my nephew, cruising along on his lil Harley. I kinda went circle crazy with this layout but I really love all the color I was able to jam in there - love color! I used the Echo Park "A Boy's Life" collection which was included in the March kit. Also created with the same kit is this fun inspirational card..


I love to toot my son's horn whenever I can lol - He was chosen for the honor roll again this quarter so I made this for him. The prior few years he had been struggling in school (3rd-5th grades), but now he's in 6th and he's doing sooo much better! All As and Bs.. I'm sooo proud of him! This card includes patterned paper, cardstock stickers and some doodling.. easy peasy!

Those projects above were made with the March kit which is now sold out.. but the April kit is now available for purchase. Laura Lee had some unexpected delays in collecting all the items for the April kit, so our DT boxes were not complete... yet. Right now I just have the papers, some stickers and a few embellies.. but the rest will be here really soon! Woot! I am already loving this April kit.. it's Awesome! And I mean that literally lol It includes papers and embellishments from the Simple Stories "Awesome" collection. Gorgeous!! Here are a few items you can expect in this great April kit...


Loooooove love love!!! But there's so much more that will be added to it.. I can't wait to show you the complete kit.

With the items I have so far, I created this photo frame for my son.

All items I used are in the kit except for the twine. And I don't have the sprockets in my kit yet, so I made my own with my Spellbinder's dies. I love this photo of Braydon, he was only 11 y/o here, but he looks so grown up.


There's going to be some "Awesome" projects created and shared with this kit this month at Boys Rule!! Be sure to visit and be inspired :) I'll be back later this week with the next Boys Rule sketch challenge.. fun!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your son! I absolutely love that sketch AND your take on it! I pinned the sketch so I can use it when I get time to scrap, if that every happens again. Haha! Love your card and frame too! What a post jam packed with eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... TOTALLY love your project!!! I am actually doing a layout with the sketch that you made for AD..yes, you read that right... I am doing a LAYOUT! haha. I LOVE your sketches! Go girl go!

    ReplyDelete